In Ch'an Buddhism, the dragon plays many roles -- as a symbol of enlightenment and also as a symbol for ourselves. For example, "meeting the dragon in the cave" is a metaphor for confronting one's own deepest fears and obstacles. Dragon Mountain is a religious organization that serves the community no matter what their faith or affiliation. Our sole mission is to end suffering and to this end we support education, healthcare initiatives, food and assistance relief programs through providing direct care or assistance to other agencies.
Our goal is to create total wellness in the lives of our members, and the members of the surrounding community - through incorporating dharma/Dharma, cultural traditions, arts, energy, physical and medical arts.
Dragon Mountain offers a resource to all in helping to enhance, nurture and sustain community.
We support community through:
- membership and participation in our programs,
- direct community support for members and non-members through our programs and volunteer services,
- providing wellness programs to organized communities for diverse and/or marginalized populations.
- providing instruction on-site, in person and via the Internet
Our 8 main ways of supporting community are found in our:
1. Wellness and energy programs
2. Food/life relief initiatives
3. Relief services through volunteering & career choice
4. Compassionate Facilitator Training
5. Grief & Bereavement Services
6. Animal Therapy Partner Services
7. Ch'an Buddhist Instruction
8. Internet based instruction & support
Be a part of an active and growing community whose purpose is to serve to create sustainable change in how we live our lives and support each other in community.